MONDAY'S HUM ( 09-11-06 )
GREENER MOUNTAIN POWER
* Sparse coverage of Saturday's Green Mountain Power Energy Fair, which is strange considering who was there and what was going on.
- Seen strolling the grounds were Martha Rainville, Matt Dunne, John Tracy, Peter Welch and JohnStewart. We found a Rob Backus leaflet on our windshield.
- Bluegrassers Steel Rail entertained and were much more than a filler band; they were really good!
- Star 92.9 personality Jennifer Foxx could be seen listening and listening and listening to Attorney General candidate Karen Kerin.
- GMP unveiled their new program Greener Power, in which customers can support GMP's quest for renewable source energy by paying some extra dough per kilowatt hour. Credit to WCAX for their short report later that evening.
- The Energy Fair is growing yearly; the first year around 400 people showed up, last year about 1000 and this year probably more than that.
- Yummy treats included cotton candy, popcorn, ice cream and a thousand hot dogs! There was also Green Mountain Coffee and Adirondack seltzer. Oh, and banana smoothies. Best of all, everything was free!
ITALIAN WOMAN DOESN'T LEAVE APARTMENT FOR 26 YEARS!
Chris Bohjalian's columns in the Free Press are usually fluffy, or silly, or a bit thin on top. We read them only if our Sunday schedule is a bit on the light side. This week is different, though, as Mr. Bohjalian checks in with a solid piece, a column entitled The Best Way To Eulogize The 6,000. It's a thought provoking take on the post 9/11 world, with some fresh ideas on what's wrong and what we can do.
FIVE CORNERS UPDATE - Essential collection
Was able to polish an entire set of Gunucci silverware at the Essex Junction Five Corners Light this morning.
Was not able to sort them back in the tray 'cuz the stupid light changed, which irked me. You know, sometimes that darn light changes too quickly!