FRIDAY'S HUM ( 10-13-06 )
HUMBUGS - Quick snippets from the control center
* Ethan Allen Cinemas is closed. Note on the door thanks patrons for the last 25 years.
* One of our correspondents noticed a Honda Civic with a BUY LOCAL bumpersticker. Huh?
* In Vermont, we have lefty blogs, righty blogs, techie blogs and gardening blogs. Sports blogs, knitting blogs, farming blogs, dirty blogs, clean blogs and music blogs. But do we have any politically centrist blogs or good nonpartisan news blogs that aren't preaching to the choir in one way or another?
* Why are trains allowed to blast 3 gazillion decibel whistles at 11:30 p.m.
* Did you know you could drive to Panton in mid-October and see 20,000 snow geese socializing. Just one of the many reasons we love The Vermont Gardener.
* Are people able to smoke 2 cigarettes at the Essex Junction Five Corners Light before it changes?