Monday

MONDAY'S HUM (05-07-07)

GOT KIDS ?
This funny and insightful piece by Jennifer Borch in today's Free Press is worth the five or ten minutes it takes to read it. Borch asks the question "Where to waffle?", and thoughtfully opines about kids and soda, kids and TV, and palatable violence. The BFP has a winner in Borch with her periodic musings.

VNA VERMONT RESPITE HOUSE 5K FUN RUN HAPPENS THIS SATURDAY (Whew! Long Headline)
MCCLINTOCK GROVELING FOR PLEDGE BUCKS
Let's see. How do I ask for money in a way that doesn't reduce me to a quivering, patronizing, pushy, righteous, charity-thumping pest. Hey , how about the truth.

Well, folks - I, Brian McClintock, a VNA employee, am running in the Jiggety Jog on May 12 and would appreciate any support you could send my way.
Wait a minute - I shouldn't have said "support"; I'm really looking for pledge dollars, so if I'm truthfully asking for money, I should have said "I would appreciate any money you could send my way", but that sounds kind of crass. Anyway...

The VNA's Respite House is a good place that has helped countless numbers of individuals with terminal illness. The 5k is a fun event which REALLY helps fund the programs at the "House". So please open your wallets, pocketbooks and change purses, beloved, and spread the love.

Thanks.

mcclintocker@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

BLOGPILE
  • Burlington Pol
  • Gone but not forgotten
  • Shatter Nicely
  • SNARKY BOY/Broadsides
  • Seven Days Blogs
  • Collectors Item
  • Vermont Tiger
  • Rational Resistance
  • ibrattleboro.com
  • Vermont Buzz
  • Vermont View
  • VermontNewsGuy
  • Vermont Digger
  • Vermont Gardener
  • Blazing Indiscretions
  • Green Mountain Daily
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Essex Junction, Vermont

    Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died. ~Erma Bombeck

    Powered by Blogger