WEEKEND HUM (05-12-07)
TOP 7 HUMMERS OF THE WEEK
1. WELCH SUPPORTS WAR FUNDING BILL - Wait a minute. On the campaign trail didn't he say he was against the war ? Oh, that's right. That was the campaign trail.
Now the anti-war activists have joined the Repubs in their distrust and lack of respect for the beleaguered congressman. Strange bedfellows, eh?
2. LET'S TAX VERMONT YANKEE ! - Sounds okay, huh? Trying to get some sweet cash out of the evil nuclear folks. One problem, though. There's a ton of resistance, to the point that this might all just go away. Did John Campbell change his vote yet?
3. HOUSING MARKET DOWNTURN IN VERMONT - Pssst. You can get a 550k house in Shelburne right now for about 520k. What a steal, huh? What's that? Oh, you're an average Vermonter ? Well, never mind.
4. LITTLE LEAGUE. CREEMEES. SUNSET DRIVE-IN. TULIPS - Ahhh.
5. MIDDLEBURY LACROSSE - If I hear or read anything else about the Middlebury Lacrosse team, I'm going to go batty and bonk someone over the head with a... lacrosse stick?
6. THUNDER ROAD IN BARRE STARTING UP AGAIN - Merchants are excited about the possibilities the local racing season brings.
Beer sales up. Tattoo sales up. Cigarette sales up. Ammo sales up. Tank top sales up. Beef jerky sales up. Cigarette sales up some more. Hard cider sales up. Bow and arrow sales up. Ashtray sales up. Prewrapped grinder sales up. Ammo sales up again. And so on.
7. AP IRONMAN ROSS SNEYDE GOING TO VPR - Ross, you're going to have to talk a little softer, move a little slower.