Wednesday

FIVE CORNERS UPDATE
Got to the Essex Junction Five Corners light just as a train was blowing through town. Oh, great! Twice the wait. Four hours instead of two.
So I left the van boxed in at the intersection, walked home and fired up my second car, an old beaut I've named Betty. She's an old Buick, tough as nails with a tender soul. Just my type.
Betty and I tooled around town, did errands, even caught lunch at Joyce's Noodle House at the Essex Outlet Fair. I think it was Joyce herself who took my order. Nice smile.
After a few hours, Betty looked tired so I guided her back to the homestead. She seemed grateful to have been able to stretch her legs, er, ball joints. I kissed her hood, and walked off quietly, feeling at peace with the Junction.
I walked back to the Five Corners, got in the van, and only had to wait about 20 minutes for the light to finally change. It was a nice day.

The lesson here is this: If you're stuck at the Five Corners with no end in sight, simply leave your car and go get another one. Do what you have to do and then go back to the light and retrieve your first car. It's really not so bad!

1 Comments:

Blogger vermontflowerfarm@outlook.com said...

Hello Brian;

I'm wondering if the Hum could hum with a few comments about the engines in Montpelier that are having trouble trying to figure out who to fire and who to hire. Plenty of engine fuel there.

George The Vermont Gardener

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BLOGPILE
  • Burlington Pol
  • Gone but not forgotten
  • Shatter Nicely
  • SNARKY BOY/Broadsides
  • Seven Days Blogs
  • Collectors Item
  • Vermont Tiger
  • Rational Resistance
  • ibrattleboro.com
  • Vermont Buzz
  • Vermont View
  • VermontNewsGuy
  • Vermont Digger
  • Vermont Gardener
  • Blazing Indiscretions
  • Green Mountain Daily
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Essex Junction, Vermont

    Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died. ~Erma Bombeck

    Powered by Blogger