Saturday

JULY 10, 2010. TOMORROW IS JULY 11.




FIVE CORNERS UPDATE

Crazy Friday at the Essex Junction Five Corners.
All sorts of tourists idling away, probably wondering when the gosh darn light was going to change.

I knew better. After I crept up to my waiting place in line, I placed the beast in park, got out and strolled over to the brand new Essex Junction Farmer's Market.

What a great time I had. First, I grabbed a quick cold one from Murray's Tavern, just to cool off a bit. Then, feeling famished, I sampled veggies and sweets from the vendors. Finally, I stopped into the Brownell Library and read, cover to cover, the latest (maybe it's not his latest, 2009) from Michael Pollan, entitled 'Food Rules', which was hilarious and startling all at once. Here's three gems from the book:
" Don't eat breakfast cereals that change the color of the milk."
" Eat animals that have themselves eaten well."
" It's not food if it's called by the same name in every language. (Think Big Mac, Cheetos, or Pringles.)

Anyway, when I arrived back at the Five Corners, I sensed that my lane was up next. I slipped into my vehicle, the light turned green, and I was on my way. A well spent couple of hours. Ahhh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Low bit-rate codecs cannot be used for fax transmissions. Email, on the other hand, can be hacked. Fax servers: You can logon and check your faxes from this account. It's not possible to write a list like this about old fax machines without recalling one particularly amusing film. You can borrow up to $1,500, depending on your ability to repay the loan. Confidential fax cover sheet. This printable fax cover sheet. terms that the fax is privileged and confidential. Download this cover sheet. All Business Templates If you don't see a fax cover sheet. Quality is another reason that online fax can be a better option. This will give them an opportunity to check out the quality of the service.

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Joshuayxsl said...

Frozen packaged meats: 2-3 days. The pump operated espresso coffee maker: If you find damaged fins, this is a relatively simple operation and it will make your AC work much better. Tankless water heaters, also known as on demand water heaters, are an energy efficient alternative to a traditional tank-type one. This leads to many health issues besides causing damages to lots of things inside the house.

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BLOGPILE
  • Burlington Pol
  • Gone but not forgotten
  • Shatter Nicely
  • SNARKY BOY/Broadsides
  • Seven Days Blogs
  • Collectors Item
  • Vermont Tiger
  • Rational Resistance
  • ibrattleboro.com
  • Vermont Buzz
  • Vermont View
  • VermontNewsGuy
  • Vermont Digger
  • Vermont Gardener
  • Blazing Indiscretions
  • Green Mountain Daily
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Essex Junction, Vermont

    Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died. ~Erma Bombeck

    Powered by Blogger