Tuesday

February 29 , 2012

 REMEMBERING KURT... AND PETER FREYNE
Here's a Hum post from '07 talking about Peter Freyne, who's talking about Kurt Wright. It's a keeper.

Peter Freyne goes back in time to remember Kurt when he worked at Kerry's, effortlessly bagging groceries and chewing the political fat simultaneously. While Freyne seemed to be purchasing 69 cent Uteys, I was jawing with Kurt about the future of Burlington while he wrapped my 89 cent 40 ouncer of Haffenreffer nice and snuggly, with only the tip showing. Yum!

FIVE CORNERS UPDATE
Got to the Essex Junction Five Corners light yesterday and my car died. Sensing it was a major engine problem, and knowing I had oodles of time, I jacked the car up, put a pulley on the motor, extracted it from the housing, and went about my business trying to fix the darn thing. I was about halfway finished when...THE
 LIGHT CHANGED!
So I waved at the motorists behind me to go around and kept working. Luckily, I was able to make the necessary repairs before the next light turned green, and everything was hunky dory.
Maybe an out of work mechanic could hang around the Five Corners and make some extra cash working on cars! Why not.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Diana said...

Thank you for the post from those of us who miss PF

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

BLOGPILE
  • Burlington Pol
  • Gone but not forgotten
  • Shatter Nicely
  • SNARKY BOY/Broadsides
  • Seven Days Blogs
  • Collectors Item
  • Vermont Tiger
  • Rational Resistance
  • ibrattleboro.com
  • Vermont Buzz
  • Vermont View
  • VermontNewsGuy
  • Vermont Digger
  • Vermont Gardener
  • Blazing Indiscretions
  • Green Mountain Daily
  • My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Essex Junction, Vermont

    Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died. ~Erma Bombeck

    Powered by Blogger