How have you been?
Yeah, it's coming folks. Right around the corner.
HUMBUGS - Quick snippets from the control center
* One of our correspondents noticed a Honda Civic with a BUY LOCAL bumpersticker. Huh?
* In Vermont, we have lefty blogs, righty blogs, techie blogs and gardening blogs. Sports blogs, knitting blogs, farming blogs, dirty blogs, clean blogs and music blogs. But do we have any politically centrist blogs or good nonpartisan news blogs that aren't preaching to the choir in one way or another?
* Why are trains allowed to blast 3 gazillion decibel whistles at 11:30 p.m.
* Did you know you could drive to Panton in mid-October and see 20,000 snow geese socializing. Just one of the many reasons we love The Vermont Gardener.
* Are people able to smoke 2 cigarettes at the Essex Junction Five Corners Light before it changes?
Autumn, you are the season about loss.
There is sadness as the leaves drop from your trees.
And I crunch them under my feet.
The sound reminding me of the breaking of hearts when relationships end.
Bareness of trees reminding me I'm getting older as another year comes to an end.
And winter approaches with her loneliness.
FIVE CORNERS UPDATE - Essential collection
I was at the Essex Junction Five Corners Light so long this morning my car depreciated 2,000 bucks. I'm not kidding. The guy from Capital in Essex came over while I was idling and said, " Hey, Boy - since you been at this here light , the value of yer car has gone down substansurly." (sic) Writers - don't you love hangin' a sic once in a while. Also, have you noticed more newspapers are putting [sic] in parentheses than brackets. Picky-picky.